You may have heard about the juice and water fasts that can assist with the cleansing process, but you may not be aware of the alternative health protocols, nutraceuticals and herbs that can be incorporated into a full body detoxification program. Health professionals recommend taking advantage of natural elements to accelerate the healing and detoxing process.
Detoxification had always been a commonly misunderstood concept, but today there are simple and easy ways that can help you get rid of toxins from your body and also maintain your overall health and wellbeing.
Those who are looking for a full body detox must understand what makes a proper detox in order to cleanse their system and get rid of toxins from their body which hamper the body’s natural processes and activities. A good detox plan will include elements that will make the entire detoxification process healthy and revitalizing. Here’s a look at some of the components of a healthy and easy detox.
- Protein sources – there are many sources of protein, but your detox program should incorporate only healthy and quality sources of protein. Protein is essential for detox because of the amino acids it comprises of. Some of the good protein sources that will make your detox program easy and efficient include wild-caught fish, organic poultry, nuts, seeds, beans and legumes.
- Essential nutrients – detoxification can be a complex process and your body may need a variety of vitamins, minerals and nutrients to support the entire process. Nutrients which are essential for detox can come from fresh fruits and vegetables, especially those who are deeply pigmented.
- Cruciferous vegetables – Brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, kale and bok choy support liver detox. They are also essential for estrogen metabolism.
- Antioxidants – some foods are rich in antioxidants and when you include them as part of your detox diet, they can make the process easier and more simple. In addition, antioxidants can also lessen the effects of metabolites that are produced when the body is undergoing the detoxification process. Antioxidants are present in foods rich in Vitamin C, phytonutrients, selenium and magnesium. Foods that you can consume to promote detoxification of the entire body include vegetables, fruits, onions, garlic, coriander, turmeric and artichokes.
- Water – water is a very important component of the detoxification process. The more water you drink, the more hydrated your body is which makes it easy for the body to flush out toxins. Drinking plenty of water will also allow you to get rid of toxins easily and naturally through sweat and urine. Experts recommend drinking at least 8 glasses of water every day.
Things You Must Avoid
Just as including the above mentioned elements in your detox plan can make the process simple and easy, there are some things that you must avoid when you are following a detox plan. These include:
- Recreational drugs and alcohol
- Non-prescribed medication
- Drinking plenty of coffee or beverages that are high in caffeine
- Processed food including GMO foods, refined food and packaged food
- Sweets and sugars
- Artificial foods
Simple and Easy Detox Tips
Detox offers many health benefits. It not only rids the body of toxic materials, but it also promotes overall health. Some patients resort to detoxification to lose weight. In fact, following healthy detoxification steps can help a person lose weight naturally and keep it off for longer.
- Choose organic fruits and vegetables only. when it comes to eating animal products, make sure they have been naturally raised and free from growth hormones and antibiotics.
- Make sure that the toxins from your body are actually being expelled and not restored in your body. This is the reason having proper bowel movement every day is important.
- Exercise on a daily basis to allow your body to sweat and get rid of toxins naturally.
- Get enough rest to relax your body and mind.
- Some people can start feeling sick during the initial days of starting with a detox diet or plan. If the problem persists after 3 days, seek medical attention.